Pages

Friday 10 July 2015

Little Summer Vacation-Gopeng (Part 3)

Hello LouBriTri readers! :) 
If you have already read Lou's and Tri's recent posts, you'll probably know why I'm going to be writing about today! Today, I'm going to be writing about where I went on my little summer holiday :)
It isn't exactly a 'summer' break as it is summer all year round here in Malaysia :) It is sizzling hot 24/7 here :0
Anyway, for the two-week break, my family and I decided to take a break from city life and planned a one-day trip to Adeline's Villa which is in Gopeng, Perak. We left early in the morning as it was a 3-hour drive from KL to Gopeng :) 

Relaxing view on the way to Gopeng

JOURNEY 
It was really relaxing and you'll get to drive under the blue sky which is something very rare here in KL as the skies here are most of the time dirty and plain white in colour.
We had the helping hand of our GPS so it wasn't though for us to find Adeline's Villa. The signal was quite weak on the way to the Villa but we were lucky we had enough to keep the GPS going. The hard part was going through the narrow paths. You'll have to drive through slim, curvy roads and it is quite a long journey to the Villa.
The view was nice though :) there were many traditional 'kampung' houses and beautiful tall cliffs on the way to the Villa. 

traditional 'kampung' houses
Tall Cliffs

VILLA & REST HOUSE 
You have two choices on where to sleep at night which is the Villa or the Rest House. 
The Rest House is a small lovely traditional 'kampung' house. It is not air-conditioned or an electrical outlet so I recommend bringing a powerbank. Mattresses are provided but it is better to bring your own matteresses for more comfort as you will be sleeping on the floor. Oh and you must not forget to bring mosquito repellent :) 
I think the Rest House gives you a really great experience of living in a traditional house like how our grandparents used to. And they say that if you wake up early enough, you'll see the rubber tapper on his daily routine, going from tree to tree, collecting rubber. 

Adeline's RestHouse (image from Google)
As for the Villa, it is air-conditioned, provided with comfy beds for maximum comfort and is perfect for the family. Each Villa has it's own bathroom. 


Adeline's Villa from the outside (image from Google)
Adeline's Villa from the inside (image from Google)
FOOD
The food there is magnificient and cooked by Adeline herself with the help of her workers. In fact, you'll very often see Adeline strolling around the Resort. She'll sometimes even personally cook you're choice of noodles for you :) she's a nice lady 
Anyway, you'll love the food there if you are really into traditional Chinese and Malay food. All the ingredients are very fresh. 
They even had a barbecue for dinner, the night we were there. It was delicious and they have really good Tau Fu Fa. Yum.... :)
And after you finish eating, you'll have to wash your own plates at the basin. It was facing a fantastic view of flowers so I didn't mind it at all :) it was fun

ACTIVITIES 
They have White Water Rafting, Caving, Water Abseiling, Jungle Trekking, Night Walking and many more active activities :) It is perfect for family and friends so if you want to check out their activities, here's a link: http://www.adelinevilla.com/our-activities.html   :) They have packages too.

Since I went there for a one-day trip, I only went White Water Rafting. It was my first time so I was terrified. There was a coach to brieve us about the rules and we were given helmets, life jackets and a paddle. 
It was really fun and I've never felt so close to nature. The River that they brought us to, which was Sungai Kampar, is perfect for first-time water rafters. It was fun and was not too much to handle for first-timers. We also made friends with other families and we all laughed and had a good time. 


That was until the instructor of my boat pulled me down into the water to what he said 'feed the crocodiles'. Honestly, I was terrified :( I am personally quite scared of fishes and swimming into unknown waters so it was almost a heart-stopping moment for me. But fortunately, it wasn't deep at all. The water reached up only until my torso and there wasn't any fishes. So phewww.. :D I can swim so I'm fine. It was a really great experience and if it wasn't for our instructor's 'joke', I wouldn't be able to experience that. 



So yeah :) it was a really great experience for me and it was very enjoyable. I feel that it is really the ideal place for those who want to take a break from the bustling city and just lay back and relax :)




Hope you have enjoyed this post and thank you for reading :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm so behind in commenting. Anyway, it looks like a great getaway from all the hustle and bustle of city life..

    ReplyDelete